Monday, April 23, 2012

New People, More Coverage

Tony Stewart’s always in the lead paragraph. He won the ASCS sprint car race at Lincoln, NE Saturday night. Goose covered it. He wins in a variety of cars in a variety of places. I know he’s the best since Foyt. AJ Foyt was the best race car driver I ever saw. Mario Andretti was the most talented and smoothest race car driver I ever saw. Scott Bloomquist is the smartest racecar driver I ever saw. Tony luv’s racin. Geez, he’s won in go karts this year, Sprint cars this year. He’s won prelude to the dream in a Late Model. He’s won in Indy Cars. He’s been the champion in Midgets and Sprint cars. And most important, Tony hasn’t forgotten his roots; he continues to help promote racing at every level – not just the top. Thank you, Tony! Denny Hamlin won the cup race at Kansas with Tony’s old crew chief. Martin Truex ran second, and had a couple of real good tries. All the Toyotas are running better this year. Truex is 2nd in points, and the Joe Gibbs guys are doing great. On to Richmond where I Think VA Dirt will have coverage. It was a little too cool Friday night to go to the races so I went to Joe’s Crab Shack and ate by myself. Sharyl’s still in Illinois, preparing the way (the move is going to be May the 11th). She found a Four-Leaf-Clover in the yard of the house we’re moving to, and she’s never found one before. She said it’s a good omen. Lucky Sharyl! Lucky me! I got to go to 2 racetracks in one night on a Saturday night! First I went to Cowtown Speedway which is always a great track with great racing. Jeff Martinez is doing a great job of getting the Cowtown crowd back. Then I went to Richard Snyder’s Kennedale Speedway Park. 25 cars in the A Modified Main. 24 cars in the Sport Mod main. 24 cars in the I-Stock main. Absolutely great racing. I talked to Doug Rollo and Neil Palmer who announce at Kennedale. (Neil also announces at Boyd Speedway on Friday night). They have a new deal going on at RacingWithNeil and they’re doing in-depth interviews with local drivers. They go to their shop to do it. Check it out at RacingWithNeil. If you can’t find it, we have a link on our Texas Link Page to Neil’s great site. I’m trying to get around to all the North Texas tracks before I go. I think next weekend I’ll go to HOT, Heart O Texas Speedway, on Friday night and either Ennis or Devil’s Bowl on Saturday night. Next week I think I’ll do RPM Speedway and Super Bowl Speedway. We need people to help from Dallas on South… if you’re interested in being a race reporter, contact me. VA Dirt covered the opening of Virginia Motor Speedway. We’re now starting to get coverage in the West VA and Penn area. Jon Aldridge is our new guy in West Virginia. He loves Late Models. He went to Roaring Knob Friday night where they had 10,000 people for the Lucas Oil Late Models. We’ve also got coverage from Bryan Chase. He’s our Pennsylvania guy. He went to the opening at Penn Can. Charity Price was holding down Diamond Park Speedway. Ina Morrell and her husband chase races all over the country. She came on with us, and she had some coverage of the USAC Midges at 311 Speedway. She has a really ambitious summer plan. I don’t have her page yet but it’ll be called Short Stuff Shots. There are 642 racing news stories posted on our racing news this week. Check out the news in your area! LuvRacinRog

No comments:

Post a Comment